lun, 19 dic|
Navigating Sexuality & Puberty Series (Registration Now Closed)-
(Registration is now Closed )The Safety & Outreach Committees Present "Navigating Sexuality & Puberty" Register for Upcoming January Series on Main Events Page
Time & Location
19 dic 2022, 19:00
A Sexuality Education Workshop Series for Parents & Caregivers of Youth with Disabilities
Change Happens for Our Youth is a two-part workshop series. Parent & caregiver participants must attend both online workshop sessions:
- Part 1 on Monday, December 19, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Part 2 on Wednesday, December 21, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Part 1: Monday, December 19, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
The Change Happens for Our Youth workshop series is designed to help parents and caregivers communicate with their children (age 9 - 14) with disabilities about sexuality. In this first part of the workshop series, we will introduce this sensitive topic and acknowledge some of its challenges. We will also explore disability-affirming sexuality messages that parents and caregivers can use to support the sexual development of their children with disabilities during puberty and into adolescence.
Part 2: Wednesday, December 21, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
In this second part of the Change Happens for Our Youth workshop series, parents and caregivers will learn and practice accessible communication strategies to support their children with disabilities with different sexuality-related topics and experiences.
$50 eGift Card Eligibility
This is a new program-in-development that we are happy to share with up to 20 parents and caregivers. Eligible parents and caregivers who pre-register before Wednesday, December 14 and who meet the criteria below will receive a $50 eGift card:
- Be a parent or caregiver of a child (age 9 - 14) with a disability or an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Attend and participate in both online workshop sessions on Mon., Dec. 19 & Wed., Dec. 21 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Complete a brief online survey during the first and second sessions.
- Join workshops on Zoom by 5:40pm and stay for the entire session.